Saturday, July 21, 2012

Before the Daisies Grow by Micki Street Review


Before the Daisies Grow
Capers of the Glamour Grans Book One
By Micki Street

Three women in their sixties decide it is time to go on Holiday, after much debate and consideration taking into account the message from Dotty’s deceased husband through the make shift Ouija Board, they all decide to travel to Zanzibar. But when Dotty meets a handsome stranger in a bar who tells her all about the fun she can have in Brazzina the plan soon changes and they are off to this West African Island for some fun in the sun. What they don’t realize is that the island is not quite what it was made out to be and they are soon pulled into the middle of an investigation and subsequent drug bust.

With one mishap after another Micki Street comes up with one hilarious novel revolving around three women who are eccentric and fascinating to follow along as you keep wondering how in the world they find so much trouble. I wasn’t sure what to expect when I started this novel, I am by far a “Glamour Gran” so I was worried I wouldn’t be able to relate with the characters but as soon as they boarded the small plane I couldn’t help laughing as I myself had clutched to my husband’s hand for dear life in a similar situation, thinking the plain would surely crash just because I was on it. This isn’t the only part I could relate to but it was the funniest though I did catch myself laughing out loud at many of the antics these women find themselves in. It was all very well written and the comedy was flawless.

For More Reviews be sure to visit my blogs at:

No comments:

Post a Comment