Sunday, June 16, 2013

Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead

Gameboard of the Gods
Age of X Book One
By RIchelle Mead

In the future the world was nearly destroyed by religious extremist so now religion is outlawed and treated as fictitious.  Justin March was a servitor whose job is was to investigate claims of paranormal activity and ensure that the religions followed strict guidelines; however he was sent into exile following an event that forever changed his life. One day Mae Koskinen, warrior elite for the Republic of United North America, comes bearing a message that will allow Justin back into the civilized world and redeem his name.

Gameboard of the Gods is an amazing science fiction novel mixed with paranormal fantasy. The characters are complex yet blend together wonderfully as their relationship grows into something adjacent to a friendship. I absolutely enjoyed Mae’s storyline, not that Justin’s wasn’t excellent as well, from her past as a debutante into the present as the warrior she has become and the losses she has faced in her life it is intricate and wonderful to follow along as her character develops and the story progresses. Richelle Mead has done a wonderful job with this book and though she is known for her young adult series she has seamlessly taken over the adult world with her new novel. With action packed scenes and tantalizing “steamy” scenes it’s sure to have a little bit of something for everyone.  This book is highly original and definitely worth the read.  

For more reviews please visit:



2 comments:

  1. When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get several e-mails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Appreciate it! Good Friday Blessing

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get several e-mails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Appreciate it! Mothers Day Wishes From Daughter

    ReplyDelete