Monday, August 20, 2012

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks


The Notebook
By Nicholas Sparks

He comes every morning with his tattered notebook to read to her, the story of Noah and Allie. It started with a summer romance, but after that summer they are separated thinking they will never see the other again. Until one day Allie sees a house in a newspaper, it is the house that Noah had always said he would restore and he did. Allie who is engaged to be married decides she needs to see Noah and to tell him of the engagement herself and hopefully be able to move on with her life, but soon they fall in love all over again.

Nicholas Sparks is an evil, evil man I never begin any of his novels without a box of tissues by my side, I have only come across one of his books so far that didn’t leave me in tears, but this novel put the others I have read to shame. It is so beautiful and moving, the love the main characters share is so strong that the thought of it can cause me to emit a heartfelt sigh. I had put off reading this book for a while now because I had seen the movie and if this book was anything like it I knew I would be crying like a baby, but I was not prepared for what awaited me. Whereas the movie focuses a lot on the summer the two spent together this novel focuses on the time that came after and I don’t think it could have been better. I wish I had read this a long time ago it was absolutely amazing.

For More Reviews be sure to visit my blogs at:

No comments:

Post a Comment