Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Empyreal Fate by Rachel Hunter Review


Empyreal Fate
A Llathalan Annal
By Rachel Hunter

Llathala is a land full of mythical beings we know only in tales, separated by woods lives the elves and the humans who are on the verge of war. One day Darrion, the son of a poor laborer is foraging in the woods for food when he stumbles upon Amarya, one of the elven royals, forever changing his life. In the midst of the turmoil will Darrion and Amarya find a way to be together or will they be ripped apart because of where they come from?

First off I have to discuss the obvious, the writing style is not typical it has a more old-English feel to it as you go, at first it seemed a bit pretentious to me but I kept on and as I did I came to realize that if the author had written this story any other way it would not have done as well as it did in the style she uses. Now that being said this is an interesting story all on its own, with hints of Romeo and Juliet as the star crossed lovers want desperately to be together but they know they cannot, but to pull this off the author had to write a convincing romance where you feel for each faction as well as the lovers and I am happy to say that Rachel Hunter did a wonderful job. I look forward to seeing what the author does with the rest of Llathalan I can see a lot of potential writing material in the future, this is definitely worth the read.  

For More Reviews be sure to visit my blogs at:

No comments:

Post a Comment