Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Excorcist by William Peter Blatty Review


The ExorcistThe Exorcist
By William Peter Blatty

Ok so in case you have been living under a rock for the past forty years and have no idea what this novel is about, here is a brief synopsis. What begins with eerie noises and items being moved around turns into a mother’s worst nightmare when eleven year old Reagan soon begins to show signs of demonic possession.

It has been ages since I have seen the movie but I remember certain scenes that I am sure scarred many others as well as me. The book however is about ten times worse than the movie, it is scarier and more graphic than I had even thought possible. This is another novel I would highly recommend listening to the audio book, with narration by William Peter Blatty and Eliana Shaskan you are drawn thoroughly into the world Mr. Blatty created. I mean who tells a story better than the author himself? There are certain parts when the demonic voices will certainly send chills down your spine. If you haven’t read the book you definitely should, just be sure not to be eating I made that mistake during one of the more “graphic” scenes and I don’t recommend it!

For More Reviews be sure to visit my blogs at:

No comments:

Post a Comment