Thursday, November 15, 2012

Babylon Confidential: A Memoir of Love, Sex, and Addiction By Claudia Christian and Morgan Grant Buchanan Review


Babylon Confidential: A Memoir of Love, Sex, and AddictionBabylon Confidential:
A Memoir of Love, Sex, and Addiction
By Claudia Christian and Morgan Grant Buchanan

Claudia Christian had a starring role on Babylon 5, a science fiction television series. Now she is coming forward with her memoirs revealing a whole new side of herself that few others have seen.

First off since this is a memoir I will not be reviewing the “story” I mean how can you criticize someone’s life? Second I had no idea who Claudia Christian was when I was sent this book for review; they had me at Love, Sex and Addiction. I have never seen Babylon 5 but I did grow up with a parent who watches anything science fiction, yes my mother is a Trekkie, she even has the entire series of Babylon 5 so I know what it is. Luckily for me I didn’t need to know the show to be able to truly get to know Claudia’s story. The book itself seems to get Claudia’s point across precisely, however there were times when the narration would bounce around. It wasn’t hard to follow along so you shouldn’t find yourself lost as you go but I felt it could have “flowed” a bit better. The only thing that actually drove me crazy was all the “name-dropping.” For instance she is describing someone and in one sentence talk about how charming he is and in the next paragraph lists everyone in Hollywood that he knew, I would have preferred more on their own personal character rather than the list of their accomplishments. As for that it can be overlooked and maybe it is a “Hollywood” thing that I missing, otherwise it’s a great read truly fun and absolutely heart wrenching at times.

For More Reviews be sure to visit my blogs at:

No comments:

Post a Comment