Monday, November 19, 2012

How Beauty Met the Beast by Jax Garren Review


How Beauty Met the Beast by Jax GarrenHow Beauty Met the Beast
Tales of the Underlight Book One
By Jax Garren

Jolie Benoit was always a good girl, the type of girl her high society family expected her to be, but now she is exploring her bad side. She has been working nights as a burlesque dancer when she has a thoroughly satisfying encounter with a gruff stranger who only goes by Wesley. Wesley “Hauk” Haukon is terribly scarred, after serving in Afghanistan he sustained extensive burns over his body, now he works as an Agent for the Underlight. When he meets the beautiful Jolie he knows that there can be nothing between them, that she will never accept his appearance.

Holy Moly! First off if you don’t know I am a military wife, one of my worst fears is for my husband to be injured while deployed. That being said I at the same time love and hate Jax Garren she did such a phenomenal job in bringing Hauk’s back story to life I ended up crying, a lot. It’s a fascinating take on the classic Beauty and the Beast tale; not only with the steampunk aspect but also having the “beast” character being injured in such a way makes the character so much more realistic. I absolutely loved this book, and I cannot wait to see what happens next between the star crossed lovers. Hopefully next time I will have a giant box of tissues by my side.

For More Reviews be sure to visit my blogs at:

No comments:

Post a Comment