Saturday, November 24, 2012

Siri for Dummies By Marc Saltzman Review


Siri for Dummies by Marc SaltzmanSiri for Dummies
By Marc Saltzman

The name is pretty self-explanatory but if you don’t know who or what Siri is then here is a breakdown:
Siri is a built in assistant for iPhone 4s with voice recognition capabilities that can do anything and everything you could want from a phone.

Siri and I have a love/hate relationship; I often refer to her in terms not appropriate for my blog. I am not the most tech savvy person in town so Siri would often pop up without my knowing how in the world I did it. So when this book came up for review I jumped at the chance, I am definitely one of those people who need it. I whipped out my handy dandy iphone gave it the evil eye for good measure and got to work.  This is the first time I have read a “for Dummies” book even though there are, according to wikipedia, over 2,300 titles. I absolutely loved the way Marc Saltzman broke everything down step by step, from calling someone to emailing more than one contact at a time, he covers everything you could possibly want to know. At first I stumbled a few times and it took me a few tries to get the commands down, to no fault of Marc’s I have a southern accent and Siri apparently hates the way I speak, in the end I made it through and loved what I am now able to accomplish is such a short time with the help of this guide. Definitely worth the read if you are like me and Siri brings out the “squinty eyes of death.”

For More Reviews be sure to visit my blogs at:

No comments:

Post a Comment